Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
Begins January 9, 2012.
Location: This year’s class is hosted by Sequim Community Church, 950 N. Fifth Ave.
Dates: January 9 – April 30.
Light dinner: 5:30 – 6 p.m.
Class: 6 – 9 p.m.
Cost: Regularly $250 but with scholarships offered to all IBC-ers, the cost is now $175. (Additional scholarships are available; call Kim in the church office, 452-3351, for more info.) Includes books.
Alumni: Always free. (New books are $40 if you don’t already have one.)
Registration: Register online at www.perspectives.org. Click the Register for This Class Now button on the right-hand side of the screen. Select “in-class” as your payment type. Paper registration form [here].
First Night Free: Come, test out the class — the first night is free!
Topics & Speakers (for more specific info, check out the Perspectives website)
Each week is presented by a different instructor from around the U.S. The curriculum is divided into 4 sections. A reader and workbook are included in the class fees.
Biblical Perspectives: From Genesis to Revelation, examine the intricacies and stunning clarity of God’s unchangeable purpose.
- Lesson 1 – The Living God is a Missionary God: John Zumwalt
- Lesson 2 – The Story of God’s Glory: Dr. Glen R. Basey
- Lesson 3 – Your Kingdom Come: Alex Araujo
- Lesson 4 – Mandate for the Nations: Bill Clark
- Lesson 5 – Unleashing the Gospel: Keith Hook
Historical Perspectives: Discover how God has been working through history to accomplish His ultimate purpose in and through every people-including your own.
- Lesson 6 – Expansion of the World Christian Movement: Diane Kina
- Lesson 7 – Eras of Mission History: N8 Scholz
- Lesson 8 – Pioneers of the World Christian Movement: John Ruhlman, Sr.
- Lesson 9 – The Task Remaining: Bruce Graham
Cultural Perspectives: Analyze the impact your culture has on your personal worldview. Learn how to recognize and overcome barriers to cross-cultural communication. Serve more effectively and pray with greater insight for all peoples.
- Lesson 10 – How Shall They Hear?: John
- Lesson 11 – Building Bridges of Love: Edward Aw
Strategic Perspectives: Explore what God is doing in our world. See how your gifts and resources can be multiplied in the synergy of the massive, global Body of Christ.
- Lesson 12 – Christian Community Development: Karen Stoufer
- Lesson 13 – Spontaneous Multiplication of Churches: Elisabeth Cochrane
- Lesson 14 – Pioneer Church Planting: Paul Koehler
- Lesson 15 – World Christian Partnership: Rick Dietzman
What is Perspectives?
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement is a dynamic 15-week course where you will discover far more of the richness of God, revealed in the timeless sweep of His global purpose. You will find the context for discovering how the passions and skills He has given you were intended to fit into the vast and complex battle to overthrow the “prince of this world.” You may finally see how your piece of the puzzle fits into the big picture, whether you are called to serve locally or across the globe.
Perspectives is a world-renowned course that has changed the lives of over 70,000 alumni through insightful Bible study, thought-provoking articles and weekly lectures by world-class experts in the Bible, history, cultural studies and strategic ministry.
Who Benefits from Perspectives?
Pastors & Church Leaders: Perspectives will help you inspire your members to more effectively invest their gifts and callings in God’s big-picture purpose.
Your Church’s Mission Team: Leading mission churches in America have one thing in common: Their leadership has been impacted by Perspectives.
Mission Explorers: Perspectives will better prepare you for cross- or same-cultural, short-term or career ministry.
Every Believer: God is stirring the hearts of young, mid-career and boomer adults to engage more effectively in His historic, global plan. Believers from every walk of life have taken this course to sharpen their understanding of their life-purpose.