It’s time for a new IBC photo directory! This time we’re partnering with Lifetouch Portraits to produce a quality directory.
Here’s how it works:
- Go online and schedule your portrait session! Pick the day and time that fit your schedule.
- If you want to do a multi-generational group, include them in your family count. (The more people, the more time we will set aside for you.)
- You can include grandparents and other family members and loved ones, even if they don’t attend IBC. We will get a photo of just your family for the directory.
- Your pet counts a person for the family count.
- You will get a reminder postcard and phone call a couple of days before your session.
- Arrive about 5-10 minutes early for your session to get checked in. If you bring a can (or more) for the IBC food pantry to your session you will be given a $5 off coupon!
- Your session will take about 10 minutes with a professional photographer. We encourage you to be creative! Pets welcome. (For more info on how to dress, etc. for your session, see the Portrait Guide below.)
- You might want to bring some items that show your individuality: sports equipment? musical instruments? hobby items? special toys? ugly Christmas sweaters?
- Afterwards, your photographer will show you your portrait options. You will receive an a free 8×10 of the portrait of your choice. Remember you don’t have to purchase a thing and Lifetouch has promised us that they will not pressure you to make a purchase. But if you’d like more portraits or even Christmas cards, you will have several options to choose from.
- That’s all! We’ll have the directories back in December or January.
To sign-up for your portrait session, visit Lifetouch’s online scheduling site for IBC.
Photo Session Days
We have 6 days set up so far and will open more slots in October if necessary. If you can come during the day, that would be great! Then the evening slots will be available for those who can’t come during the day. All photos are in the Worship Center except for Saturday, September 7. That day the photographers will be downtown at the Upper Room. (Anyone can sign up for the UR appointments.)
- Wednesday, 9/4: 1 – 9 p.m.
- Thursday, 9/5: 1 – 9 p.m.
- Friday, 9/6: 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 9/7 (at the UR): 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10/22: 1 – 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10/23: 1 – 9 p.m.
Wear what you feel great in, whether it’s casual or formal clothing. Solid colors work best. Avoid busy patterns: they can distract from your face. Some poses are close up, others full length, so plan outfits completely including shoes. As a general rule, darker clothes are slenderizing. Avoid baggy clothes that might make you look larger than you are. Sleeveless shirts tend to make your arms look fuller. V-necks are always flattering. Wear a dark t-shirt under dark shirts—a white t-shirt under a dark shirt stands out in a portrait.
Avoid changing your hairstyle or cutting your hair right before your session. Your photographer will help you identify improperly placed hair, but make sure you like the look and let the photographer know your preferences.
Wear special hats and/or jewelry: necklaces, rings, bracelets, etc. Mention to the photographer you would like have your jewelry featured in your portrait.
Apply make-up as you would normally would for an evening out. Pay special attention to your eyes: the focal point in a portrait. An extra coat of mascara can help bring out your eyes. Bring lipstick and powder for touch-ups.
If you wear glasses all the time, you’ll want to have them in your portraits. That’s the real you!
Lifetouch offers portrait retouch that can soften facial lines and correct blemishes and scratches, scars, etc. We can also whiten teeth and eyes.