Would you like to learn more about IBC — what we believe and what it would take to become a member? This is your chance! Join us for lunch and a short class and discussion.
Sunday, 9/22, following the 2nd service (about 12:40 p.m.) upstairs in the Family Life Center.
There’s no cost but preregistration would be really helpful!
Note: Online registration closes at noon on 9/19. After that time, please call the church office to register.
The Power of Love Lived Out — John 17
$10 for materials.
Tuesday evenings in the Family Life Center, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Wednesday mornings in the Family Life Center, 9-10:45 a.m.
For more info, contact Mary Anich, (360) 452-3351, email@example.com.
Online registration preferred.
Tuesday Evening Registration
Wednesday Morning Registration
The Power of Love Lived Out Dessert Potluck
Tuesday, September 17, 7 p.m., in the Family Life Center
Free. No preregistration required.
No childcare available.
Contact Mary Anich, (360) 452-3351, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more info.
It’s time for a new IBC photo directory! This time we’re partnering with Lifetouch Portraits to produce a quality directory.
Here’s how it works:
- Go online and schedule your portrait session! Pick the day and time that fit your schedule.
- If you want to do a multi-generational group, include them in your family count. (The more people, the more time we will set aside for you.)
- You can include grandparents and other family members and loved ones, even if they don’t attend IBC. We will get a photo of just your family for the directory.
- Your pet counts a person for the family count.
- You will get a reminder postcard and phone call a couple of days before your session.
- Arrive about 5-10 minutes early for your session to get checked in. If you bring a can (or more) for the IBC food pantry to your session you will be given a $5 off coupon!
- Your session will take about 10 minutes with a professional photographer. We encourage you to be creative! Pets welcome. (For more info on how to dress, etc. for your session, see the Portrait Guide below.)
- You might want to bring some items that show your individuality: sports equipment? musical instruments? hobby items? special toys? ugly Christmas sweaters?
- Afterwards, your photographer will show you your portrait options. You will receive an a free 8×10 of the portrait of your choice. Remember you don’t have to purchase a thing and Lifetouch has promised us that they will not pressure you to make a purchase. But if you’d like more portraits or even Christmas cards, you will have several options to choose from.
- That’s all! We’ll have the directories back in December or January.
To sign-up for your portrait session, visit Lifetouch’s online scheduling site for IBC.
Schedule Your Portrait!
Photo Session Days
We have 6 days set up so far and will open more slots in October if necessary. If you can come during the day, that would be great! Then the evening slots will be available for those who can’t come during the day. All photos are in the Worship Center except for Saturday, September 7. That day the photographers will be downtown at the Upper Room. (Anyone can sign up for the UR appointments.)
- Wednesday, 9/4: 1 – 9 p.m.
- Thursday, 9/5: 1 – 9 p.m.
- Friday, 9/6: 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 9/7 (at the UR): 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10/22: 1 – 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10/23: 1 – 9 p.m.
One-page Info Sheet
Wear what you feel great in, whether it’s casual or formal clothing. Solid colors work best. Avoid busy patterns: they can distract from your face. Some poses are close up, others full length, so plan outfits completely including shoes. As a general rule, darker clothes are slenderizing. Avoid baggy clothes that might make you look larger than you are. Sleeveless shirts tend to make your arms look fuller. V-necks are always flattering. Wear a dark t-shirt under dark shirts—a white t-shirt under a dark shirt stands out in a portrait.
Avoid changing your hairstyle or cutting your hair right before your session. Your photographer will help you identify improperly placed hair, but make sure you like the look and let the photographer know your preferences.
Wear special hats and/or jewelry: necklaces, rings, bracelets, etc. Mention to the photographer you would like have your jewelry featured in your portrait.
Apply make-up as you would normally would for an evening out. Pay special attention to your eyes: the focal point in a portrait. An extra coat of mascara can help bring out your eyes. Bring lipstick and powder for touch-ups.
If you wear glasses all the time, you’ll want to have them in your portraits. That’s the real you!
Lifetouch offers portrait retouch that can soften facial lines and correct blemishes and scratches, scars, etc. We can also whiten teeth and eyes.
Are you a newcomer, or feel like one, to Independent Bible Church?
We’d love to get to know you better at a newcomers luncheon planned just for you! Please join us for a special lunch, Sunday, August 18, immediately following the second service in the Family Life Center. Joining us are pastors, staff, leadership and other ministry leaders and their families.
You don’t need to bring anything except please let us know you are coming by calling the church office at 452-3351, e-mail: email@example.com or sign up on the Information Card this week!
Join other IBC families camping along the Sol Duc river west of Lake Crescent August 9-11!
For details contact Jan Didrickson (360-477-9307) or Randy Simmons (360-477-1157).
Come enjoy great food and fellowship, after the second service. We’ll meet at the Sports Field behind the Family Life Center
Please bring, if last name begins with
- A-M: dessert
- N-Z: salad or side dish
- Lawn chair or picnic blanket
- Beverages for your family
Provided: Meat, buns, condiments, water, plates and plasticware.
Help needed: Please email or call the church office, 360-452-3351, to help with one of these activities:
- Accept food at the FLC before the services
- Game organizer/helper
- Clean up
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Calling all knights and fair maidens. Our Royal Majesty’s kingdom is under attack, and we’re preparing for battle by learning the truth of God’s Word.
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – Noon
Age 3 – entering 6th grade
Enjoy songs and dramas in the Great Hall, travel through the Learn-A-Lot Chambers, visit Sir Gavin’s Games, munch goodies in Cook’s Kitchen, and get creative in the Craft Courtyard.
Invite your friends to join us as we step back in history, embark on the journey, and partake of a royally fun time! Cool prizes too!
Register by July 7 and get a CD of fun VBS songs for free! Registration is also accepted at the door. Forms available online and the church office.
Parents: hang out in the Cove Courtyard during VBS for coffee, refreshments, and encouragement!
IBC is located at 116 E. Ahlvers Rd., Port Angeles • (360) 452-3351
Registration Form Flyer Volunteer Form
Godly Character: Lessons from the Past
Men’s Retreat in Port Townsend with Pastor Aaron Bacon.
- Early Registration (On or before 4/25 and includes all sessions, 5 meals, 2 nights): $160
- Late Registration (After 4/25 and includes all sessions, 5 meals, 2 nights): $170
- Under 18 Registration (includes all sessions, 5 meals, 2 nights): $100
- Sessions only: $40
For more info, contact Chuck Brown at the church office, 360-452-3351, or via email.
Campsite Reservation Info: Contact Dave Hansen, 360-461-9848.
Online registration [here].
Download the paper brochure [here].
Do you know how God has uniquely gifted you to fulfill His purpose for your life? Do you understand how your spiritual and natural giftedness works together? If you’re not sure, or want a “refresher course,” our Discovering Your Giftedness workshop should be your first step.
This workshop will assist you in discovering your personality type, your spiritual gifts, and how the blend works together in work, ministry through the church, and relationships. The tool Pastor Mike is using is called “Uniquely You.”
Saturday, March 3, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (lunch provided).
Materials fee: $20.
Limited spaces available.